SANDcamp brings together Southern California's best and brightest talent for 4 days of Drupal learning, sharing & teaching.
Since this is a community event and entirely volunteer run, we ask for participation from everyone attending the conference. This is as simple as picking up after yourself to helping fix IT issues if you see an issue. Please feel welcome to stop at the registration desk to ask about other opportunities of volunteering if you so feel inclined. We always love to see the support of the community!
CODE OF CONDUCT
To ensure that SANDcamp is a safe, enjoyable event for all comers, we have devised the following baseline code of conduct.
The following will not be tolerated and will result in immediate dismissal & removal from SANDcamp. Please review these rules carefully, there will be a zero tolerance policy in place at the event:
- Excessive Alcohol Usage, or ANY alcohol usage outside of the approved venues. This is disrespectful and the possible legal ramifications could jeopardize this SANDcamp & future events for everyone.
- Use of illegal drugs in or anywhere near the venue.
- While healthy, participatory discourse is encouraged, we will not tolerate abusive, badgering, or baiting arguments, whether during a session or otherwise. Likewise, disrupting a presentation of any individual, either through excessive interruptions, loud talking through a session in close proximity to a session, or attempting to take the stage (or similar presentation area) during another individual's presentation will be grounds for immediate dismissal.
- Aggressive behavior towards other SANDcamp Attendees, whether physical or verbal, will not be tolerated. This covers, but is not limited to:
- Threats of violence
- Excessive personal insults
- Sexually aggressive behavior
- "Stalking behavior" of any sort
- Harassment of any person present at SANDcamp or surrounding conventions (this includes social media streams)
We want to make SANDcamp a safe and comfortable environment for everyone involved, which is why we believe these very basic ground rules are necessary and non-negotiable. Feel free to contact any of the SANDcamp Organizers if you have any questions on this matter and we will be happy to address your concerns.
Violations of the code of conduct will be dealt with swiftly. Please report any issues to a SANDcamp Organizer or at the Registration Desk (which will be staffed at all times by SANDcamp Staff).